Selling Courses Online
Education is a growing market. For this reason, many people have been creating and selling courses online. Sources forecast that “The higher education market is poised to grow by $45.11 billion during 2021-2025”.
In this article, I will discuss the reasons why you should be using digital platforms for education, how you can get started in this market, how to create a course and why you should be selling your courses online through Interweb Education.
Online education is becoming more popular in recent years. During the pandemic, there was a necessity for schools to use online methods to deliver course material. With the isolation, there was also a growing trend to seek out further education online.
With course fees spiralling upward to cover increased administration costs in larger institutions, privately-owned platforms are becoming the favourite place to seek our education and skills.
“There’s a huge demand from people to learn online. Even before the pandemic, Research and Markets forecast the online education market as $350 Billion by 2025″ (May 2, 2020. Forbes). Selling courses online is becoming a business model to fill this demand and a source of secondary income for many.
Why Create Online Courses?
There are a number of reasons why online education is becoming more and more popular. One of the main reasons is that it is more convenient than traditional education. You can study at your own pace and in your own time. You don’t have to commute to a campus, and you can study from anywhere in the world.
As discussed above, this is the trend now. It is also a matter of convenience, stability and availability:
- It is easy to learn from the comfort of your own home.
- You can select when and how long you study for each day.
- Your learning is not affected by school or institution closures.
- You can select from a wide range of skills and topics that are not available at local physical educational establishments.
A new paradigm is being created. The standard school and university are no longer the bastions of education. Now is the time to use online platforms like Interweb Education to propagate learning to the masses.
If you are a teacher, an instructor, are an expert in any field or have skills you can pass on, this is for you. You should be creating and selling courses online today.
How to start creating online courses?
The first place to start is to plan your course. There are actually hundreds of courses that teach you how to write your own course but here are the basics:
- You need a topic, subject, and title.
- Is it going to be a full course with a certificate or a set of mini-lessons? (for smaller resources, you can sell on our teachers’ market)
- There needs to be an objective – what is it that the person is going to learn and achieve by taking your course/lesson? Will it be the certificate of completion, a diploma, or credits towards a curriculum qualification?
- You need subject areas within that topic- subcategories within the subject of mini-learning objectives.
- Then you have to provide your own original content to fill those topics so that the student will fulfil that level of the desired achievement. Will additional course content be in video form or download (workbook, fact sheets, etc)?
- Will you want to set up a video conference for the course? If so, what content will be covered and what medium will you use?
- If your students are stuck or want to ask a question, they need to be able to communicate with you. Set up a dedicated email or online form.
- In the end, you need to make a way to ensure the student has learned the material to a satisfactory level by creating a quiz or test.
- Lastly but most importantly, you need to find a way to present all this. What platform are you going to use?
When you have completed all of the above except the last point, you are ready to move on to the next segment …
Why use Interweb Education?
Selling Courses Online
Interweb Education provides everything you need to cover all the bases as outlined above.
We have an easy-to-use platform for you to start creating your course (see our free course on getting started) and many add-ons you can use to present great courses. The founders of Interwen Education have been writing and providing educational resources online for over 20 years, so we have the experience to help you.
Features of our platform:
- You can integrate Zoom into your course or a forum to communicate directly with your students.
- Every teacher has their own personalised dashboard to set up and monitor their courses and students’ progress. Students also have their own personalised dashboard.
- You can create free and paid courses.
- Your students can contact you for help.
- A drag-and-drop course builder.
- Lessons, quizzes and assignments.
- All pages are responsive – students and teachers can use any device.
- Much more.
What are the costs and how much can I make?
It is FREE for you to register as an instructor and to set up your course.
You can set up a course and present it so that students can enrol and set your course for free or you can set a course fee and start earning.
This is ideal also for teachers in school: A teacher can present a course online for their pupils for free or sell a course to another school instead of them hiring a specialised teacher for the subject at their end. Especially good as there are limited numbers of teachers for many specialist subjects.
Of course, you will not make any money from your free course (neither will it cost you anything) but it is a way to promote your courses.
Selling a course: You will keep 79% of the course fee. This is paid immediately to you when a student purchases your course.
[You will not get better commission rates on other popular online learning markets!]
Why not get started today?
Here’s how to get started with selling courses online through Interweb Education:
- Register as a student.
- Take our free course on getting started.
- The register as a teacher.
- Login to your dashboard and start creating and selling your courses!
If you have any questions, feel free to add your comments below so others see the questions and answers.
Sign up for updates: